8/07/2009

Internet Marketing anyone?

I've been dipping my toes in the waters of Internet Marketing recently; signing up for free e-books promising to make me a fortune, getting on lots of email lists, following gurus on Twitter and the like. I've always kind of figured that internet marketing was the web's version of a back alley shyster ("wanna buy a watch?") but I'm beginning to change my tune a little. Sure, there are a fair share of scammers but there are also a lot of regular folks making a living (some more and some less) in the industry.

So far I've learned a bit about CPC and CPM and CPA, about opt-in pages and auto-responders, about PLR and squeeze pages, about affiliate systems and even why those sales pages are


S
O

S
T
I
N
K
I
N
G

L
O
N
G
!


So will this dabbling turn into an additional revenue stream for me? I dunno yet (I'm still making my list of "good guys" and "bad guys") but the fact that there are some honest marketers out there gives me hope.

Stay tuned...

No comments: