8/29/2009

Tribal Formula Launch report

Last Thursday Tim Schmidt released Tribal Formula - an update to his popular Tribal Marketing training package. I am an affiliate of the program and was watching with keen interest as this was the first launch I was participating in (I've been observing for a bit and have noticed some patterns - more on that later).

Since I am bootstrapping my IM business (or business-yet-to-be) it was important that I get a real return on this launch -even if it was only a small one. My goal was to recoup any money spent on Google adwords and make enough to buy Micro Niche Finder a tool for researching Adwords...

So how did I do? Well, let's say for every dollar I spent in Adwords I lost 100% of it - not a very auspicious start. For the time being I'll chalk this up as a learning experience...

Here are my numbers for the campaign:
Adwords clicks: 120
Hits on the Tribal Marketing site: 265
Opt-ins: 6
Orders: 0

It's the last two that gall me. I was hoping for a 1% conversion rate and ended up with 0% ordering. Since I'm new to the business I didn't bother to check and see if opt-ins get me any commission, but I'll be looking into that soon!

The good news is that my occasional tweets seem to find clickers, at least (about 145 if my logic is sound). Someone actually is out there listening!

No comments: